ABS-CBN has lodged a P127 million copyright suit against its former talent, Willie Revillame, his production outfit (WilProductions, Inc.), and ABC5 , now known as TV5, before the Makati Regional Trial Court (RTC). ABS-CBN had also filed for Temporary Restraining Order to stop Revillame, TV5 and their other co-defendants from further producing and airing the show Willing-Willie.
Among the acts of plagiarism listed in the complaint are:
- Willing Willie’s opening song and/or dance number led by its host;
- Wowowee’s Biga-10 as against Willing Willie’s Big Time Ka;
- Wowowee’s Willie of Fortune versus Willing Willie’s Willtime Bigtime, which contain portions where the contestants tell their personal stories and showcase their talents before they play a singing and/or trivia game;
- Wowowee’s dancers/characters also appearing in Willing Willie, most notable of whom is April “Congratulations” Gustilo; and,
- The set design, stage, studio viewers’ seats lay-out, lighting and camera angles of Willing Willie are also strikingly similar to Wowowee.