Search Results for: Vic

Bruno Mars Donates P4 million to youth victims of “Yolanda”!

Grammy-winning artist Bruno Mars donated $100,000 (around P4 million) to the youth victims of super typhoon “Yolanda.”

Capture

During a press conference held at Solaire Resort and Casino on Friday, the Filipino-American singer personally handed his donation to Bantay Bata Foundation spokesperson Tina Monzon Palma.

Also at the event were Bantay Bata board member and ABS-CBN Head for Integrated News and Current Affairs Ging Reyes and program director Dr. Luisa Puyat.

Mars, who first visited the children of the foundation in April 2011, explained that his last visit to the country was “life-changing,” which is why he decided to help out this time around.

“I’m really happy to be back. Last time I was here, it changed my life. Mabuhay, maraming salamat,” the 28-year-old singer said.

Mars, best known for the hits “Just the Way You Are” and “Marry You,” is scheduled to perform at a sold-out concert at the SM Mall of Asia Arena on Saturday (March 22) as part of his “Moonshine Jungle” tour.

Source

Share

Vice Ganda on vote buying to win the award: “Kung di ka nandaya yakapin mo ang award.”!

Vice Ganda is back from the concert abroad and he celebrated his Best Actor victory in the recently concluded PMPC Star Awards for Movies!

Although Jobert Sucaldito questioned Ganda’s trophy after he accused one voting member of the PMPC for lobbying for the comedian. And claimed of vote buying to win the award in favor of Vice Ganda.

vice-ganda-bf (1)

During Wednesday’s episode of noon time variety program “It’s Showtime,” Vice commented on the allegation of entertainment columnist Jobert Sucaldito that comedian’s “winning was paid”.

Vice said:

“Sobrang kontrobersyal ng award na yan, narinig ko, nabasa ko. Ayoko na masyado magbigay ng statement. Nung nabasa ko nga, tapos sinabi sa akin, natawa na lang ako. Tumahimik na lang ako.”

“Sabi ko kung kakausapin ko ang kunsensya ko, ano kayang sasabihin ng kunsenya ko sa kin? Sabi ng kunsensya ko sa kin, kung nandaya ka ibalik mo ang award, kung di ka nandaya yakapin mo ang award.”





“Maraming, maraming salamat po sa PMPC, sa mga nagtitiwala sa akin. Sa lahat ng madlang people na nanood ng ‘Girl Boy Bakla Tomboy,; na naka-appreciate ng performance ko, para po sa inyo ito.”

Share

Alleged rape victim Deniece Cornejo faces perjury case filed by Vhong Navarro!

Alleged rape victim Deniece Cornejo faces perjury case filed by Vhong Navarro!

deniece cornejo

Deniece Cornejo and former pageant contestant Roxanne Acosta stand firm on their respective rape allegations against comedian actor Vhong Navarro, even in the face of perjury case filed against them.

On March 6, the actor filed respective perjury cases against the two women, who both previously filed their own rape cases against him. One case was filed by Cornejo on January 29, while the other was filed by Acosta on February 19.

In an interview with Pep.ph, Cornejo said she considers it “natural” for Navarro to “undermine her character and deny at all costs that he raped me.” She added that she cannot comment on the perjury complaint because she has yet to see it.

The perjury case was also filed against Cedric Lee, his sister Bernice Lee and their friend Simeon “Zimmer” Raz Jr., other people allegedly involved in the incident on January 22, which left Navarro with severe injuries.

Aside from the perjury case, Cornejo, Lee, and company are also facing complaints for serious illegal detention, serious physical injuries, grave threats, grave coercion, unlawful arrest, and blackmail, filed by the National Bureau of Investigation.

For Acosta’s camp, the perjury case is “a form of harassment” and “a desperate move” by Navarro. In a separate interview with Pep.ph, Acosta’s legal counsel Virgilio Batalla said the perjury case “has no legal and factual basis.”

“If there is already proceedings in the court, If there is evidence presented before the court, well, perjury will come. Well, in the meantime, wala pang perjury,” he told Pep.ph.

“‘Yan kasi ‘di pa pumapanhik sa korte yung kaso, unless ina-admit na nila na papanhik sila sa korte,” he continued. (The case has not been raised in court, unless they admit that it will be brought to court.)

Navarro’s camp reportedly filed their counter-affidavit regarding Acosta’s rape case on March 6, the same day they filed the perjury case against Acosta.

Navarro’s camp was scheduled to submit the counter-affidavit during the preliminary investigation on March 13, but Mallonga….(Continue reading)

 

Source.

Share

Victor Asuncion – Yeng Constantino ENGAGED (Engagement ring revealed)!

Yeng Constantino and Victor Asuncion who are into 9-month relationship are now engaged!

yeng

Constantino, 24, singer and Asuncion, a worship director at a Christian church in Greenhill, San Juan city became a couple on June 18, 2013.

Capture

Asuncion is her first boyfriend.

Congratulations to the couple!

 

Share

Vice Ganda, Hotel Exec Contradict Roxanne Cabañero’s Rape Story!

Former pageant contestant Roxanne Acosta Cabañero‘s version of events surrounding her alleged rape by actor-host Vhong Navarro four years ago came under fire Sunday after two sources contradicted some parts of her sworn affidavit.

Capture
In an interview with “Buzz ng Bayan” host Boy Abunda on Sunday, comedian Vice Ganda said he was in Island Cove, a resort in Cavite, on April 24, 2010, the same date that Cabañero claimed she was raped by the “It’s Showtime” host somewhere in Pasig City.

“Nung araw na nagpunta sila para mag-promote ng pageant [sa 'It's Showtime'], hindi ko na po ‘yun naaalala. Nung nalaman ko ‘yung date, ipinaalala ng mga tao na concert ko ‘yun at guest ko sila Kean Cipriano and Vhong Navarro. Sa Cavite po ang leg ng concert ko na ‘yun,” he said.

“Kung nagsisimula ng 9 p.m. maaaring matapos ako ng 12 midnight or baka mas mahaba pa,” he added, noting that Navarro stayed until his final production number.

According to Cabanero’s affidavit, she was with Navarro in his car at around midnight on that day.

In a separate interview aired on “Buzz ng Bayan,” the management of the hotel where Cabañero and the rest of the Miss Bikini Philippines candidates were supposed to have been checked in on the night in question denied that they housed the beauties almost four years ago.

Also talking to Abunda, Astoria Plaza project director Ric Valenzuela said the event was indeed offered to them but this did not push through.

“Actually that event was offered to us but unfortunately the event organizer was asking for too many rooms because of the candidates. We could not accommodate them all. We have limited rooms here. We declined the offer of the promotion,” he said.

In Cabanero’s sworn affidavit, she mentioned that on the night of April 24, 2010, Navarro sent her a message suggesting that they meet at her hotel room in Astoria Plaza in Pasig City but she declined because she was with her fellow candidates.

Valenzuela, however, said this could not have been possible.

“They decided to transfer to another hotel. We did the negotiations with the event manager but it didn’t push through… That one is confirmed because I was the one who negotiated for that. Confirmed na we declined because we cannot provide the rooms,” he said.

Valenzuela said the hotel management also checked their records to see if a certain Roxanne Acosta Cabañero was checked in at their hotel around that period.

“We checked the database. These are the arrivals and guestings from April 22 to 25 para covered because we don’t know how many days. There was none. There was no Roxanne Cabanero,” he said.

However, he conceded that it is possible that someone checked in for her or that she was merely a guest of one of their clients.

Last Wednesday, Cabanero filed a rape case against Navarro at the Pasig City Prosecutor’s Office. Her legal counsel, Atty. Virgilio Battala, told media that the alleged rape incident happened in 2010.

Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com

Share

Vice Ganda reveals Kris Aquino’s new suitor!

In a recent interview Vice Ganda reveals why his love life flourishes and also best friend Kris Aquino‘s new suitor!

kris-aquino-and-vice-ganda

On why Vice plans not to reveal the true identity of his lover:

 “Hindi naman kami nakakalabas, ‘di ba? Pareho kami, choice namin (na hindi isapubliko) para hindi maabala. Ako okay lang kasi sanay ako sa abala. Eh siya at saka ‘yung pamilya niya, ayokong maabala sila, na makalkal kung sino sila, ano sila, saan sila nakatira, kung anong klase. Ayoko nang ganun, gusto ko silang protektahan. And it works! Kaya ang tagal na kasi gano’n ‘yung set-up.”

Vice also reveals that his best friend Kris Aquino who just celebrated her 43rd birthday last Friday has a new suitor:

 “Happy ako para sa kanya. Sabi ko nga sa kanya, ‘Deserve mo na ‘no! Ano’ng edad mo na ‘no? Deserve mo na ‘yan. Go ka na!’ Ako pa ‘yung pumipilit sa kanya. So happy siya, masaya siya ngayon. Ang ganda-ganda ngayon ni Kris, masaya, blooming.”

“Hindi niya pa sinasabi sa akin ‘yung pangalan pero happy siya na meron na siyang manliligaw. Pina-describe ko sa kanya. Matalino raw, sobra daw siyang impressed sa katalinuhan nung lalaki. I’m sure mayaman. Sabi ko, ‘Gwapo?’ sabi niya, ‘Hindi masyado, pero matalino!”

According to Vice, Kris’ new suitor is older than her! Is this the reason Kris made peace with ex-husband James Yap?

Just asking!

Share

Vhong Navarro asked Vice Ganda and “Showtime” family to poke fun on him!

Vice Ganda has been consistent in the noontime show “Showtime” poking fun on Vhong Navarro‘s situation!

vice-ganda-bf

A sample from his jokes on Tuesday, during the “I Am Pogay” segment of the live show, contestant Limuel Dizon mentioned “safety” when asked to relate a bird cage to life for the question-and-answer portion.

“For safety! Naku, sabi ko na nga ba, Vhong, dapat nagdala ka ng hawla,”Vice Ganda quipped, as he ran to the side of the stage, laughing.

Ever wondered why, Vice did not spare, Vhong from his jokes even he is still recuperating from the hospital where undergoes under the knife after he was mauled allegedly by Cedric Lee and company.

Vice Ganda explained :

“‘Yun ang request niya, ‘patawanin niyo ako.’ Kaya sabi ko, ‘Sige papatawanin kita at araw-araw ikaw ang gagawin kong subject sa joke ko.’ So pinapatawa ko siya. Tawa lang siya ng tawa”

“Hindi naman namin ginagawa ito para gumanti. Ginagawa namin ito para gumaan ang sitwasyon kasi as it is ay malungkot na kami sa ‘Showtime’ sa nangyari kay Vhong.”

“Pero hindi kami pwedeng magpa-overpower sa lungkot kasi as it is malungkot nga. ‘Yung mga nanonood sa kanilang bahay may mga pinagdadaanan din ‘yan. Kung palulungkutin namin sila ng palulungkutin parang di namin mase-serve ang purpose ng show namin.

“Ang core ng ‘Showtime’ dapat laging happy kasi we want the madlang people happy.”

Are you with Vice Ganda on this? Do you think it is funny?

Share

Was Kat Alano also a rape victim of Vhong Navarro?

Was Kat Alano also a rape victim of Vhong Navarro?

 Kat Alano

Former MTV Philippines VJ Kat Alano is now widely believed to be a rape victim of Vhong Navarro. Following her strong cryptic social media posts about rape believed to be in support of Deniece Cornejo.

As pointed out by Makoy Pare aka Showbiz Bro, co-host of the controversial radio show/podcast “Good Times with Mo”, the 28-year-old radio/TV host first caught the attention of netizens with a post on Facebook last Saturday, January 25 that said:

“Justice from the universe. Thank you. After 9 years. Karma people. Don’t ever underestimate it. Just be patient. The truth always comes out.”

This was followed by another intriguing post the next day

“I think it’s appalling how people are so quick to defend those accused of rape. This is why so many people get raped. That’s a fact.”

Alano continued her tirades with this lengthier post:

“Go out and get raped. Have someone shed you of your dignity, your pride, make you scared and feel vulnerable because you couldn’t protect yourself. Have someone take your right to feel safe in society and violate you as a human being. Then go out and tell your mom, your dad, the police, the doctors and everyone, that you were raped. Sound easy? Shame on everyone who has chosen to say ‘innocent until proven guilty’ for the accused but ‘kill yourself’ for the accuser. Are you proud of yourselves?”

Kat then took to Twitter and continued her tirade. (See her post HERE)

 

Source.

Share

Deniece Cornejo, the alleged rape victim of Vhong Navarro!

Deniece Cornejo, the alleged rape victim of Vhong Navarro!

deniece cornejo

Denise Cornejo is the woman behind the attacked on Vhong Navarro last Wednesday at a condo unit in Fort Bonifacio. Her complete name is Deniece Milinette Cornejo, 22 years-old student and she is a stunning model.

On Denise’s Instagram account, she posted 20 weeks ago a picture with Atty. Gozon with the caption of

“With lolo felipe gozon ceo of GMA 7 it was nice to hear that they want me to be one of their princess #letmethinkitover #23rdtourismawardsnight”

Deniece Cornejo

On the other hand, one of her Facebook profile, Cornejo mentioned that she is the grand niece of second President of GMA Network Rod Cornejo, president of the network for 20 years. This relationship is still not proven. But GMA Network released an official statement an hour after #GMAPhilippinesWorstNetwork started trending on Twitter.

Here’s the official statement (posted on their official Facebook account):

This is to clarify that the complainant involved in the Vhong Navarro incident is not related to GMA Chairman and CEO Atty. Felipe L. Gozon.

From the moment GMA News learned of the story, it sought the side of Vhong Navarro. Roño, his manager, gave GMA News a written statement, which was aired yesterday.

Today, GMA News aired an interview with Navarro’s lawyer Atty Alma Mallonga. The report about the alleged attempted rape was based on the blotter filed at the Investigative Section of the Southern Police District where Vhong Navarro was taken after the incident. Other news organizations also reported it.

Source.

Share

Vice Ganda denies dating a dancer!

Vice Ganda denies dating  a dancer!

Vice Ganda

The “Gandang Gabi Vice” host Vice Ganda ended the speculation that he had a relationship with dancer Ram Julianda of the G-Force Stallions.

“Si Ram winish ko pero hindi (laughs). Hindi ko naging jowa si Ram. Crush ko siya. I love Ram (laughs). I love Ram ng G-Force Stallions. Talented naman siya at saka ang guwapo. Ang dami niyang fans kaya nga pinilit kong mag-guest sa GGV yung Stallions. Even before that, nababasa ko sa Twitter ang dami nilang fans talaga na fina-follow sila,”

Vice also said he will never get tired of falling in love.

“Hindi noh, ang sarap sarap kaya magmahal. Hindi naman nakakapagod yun,”

The “It’s Showtime” host wishes his good friend Anne Curtis more blessings.

“Proud ako kay Anne Curtis and she deserves it. At saka nakakatuwa kasi desisyon pala yun ng management. Parang nanggaling sa research or parang survey sa mga tao kung magkakaroon ng Dyesebel sino ang gusto niyo at yung mga tao ang nagsalita na si Anne Curtis kaya deserve na deserve niya yun. I’m so happy for her,”

When it comes to his own career path, the talented comedian is also open to doing fantaseryes or even making a guest appearance in Dyesebel.

“Gusto ko sana pero ayaw naman nila ibigay. Gusto ko mag-Dyesebel kaso seahorse lang naman daw ako (laughs) kaya sabi ko huwag na lang. Posible ako mag-guest pero for sure given na yun na sea horse ang role ko. It’s either sea horse or araruset, isa akong algae (laughs). Gusto ko action comedy. Noon ko pa ni-request yun eh, yung parang medyo may pagka-Fast and the Furious, yung ganun kare-karera. Dati yung karera ko kabayo ngayon naman kotse (laughs) pero nakakatawa. Kasi para ma-cater ko yung gusto ng mga lalake, gusto ng mga babae, ng mga bakla, ng mga tomboy, para lahat ng market,” he shared.

Source.

Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...