Kris Aquino backed out of MMFF movie ‘coz it may not be a Box-office hit!?

Source: PhilStar.com

MANILA, Philippines – Kris Aquino is out of the 20115 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “All You Need is Pag-ibig.”

The Queen of All Media has announced this through her Instagram account on Wednesday.

Kris Aquino

Kris said that she has accepted the project and was a “good sport” despite “a storyline that would lay bare all my insecurities- the treatment given to me had the harsh but realistic words: ‘Sya si Kris- ang babaeng laging di pinipili…’”

However, Kris added that when the cinematographer she requested couldn’t commit to the film due to “schedule conflicts,” she decided to back out of the film.

“His job was to hold a mirror to my heart & soul for you to see in our movie, and I knew I’d be in good hands… And it just couldn’t fall into place…” she explained.

“After all my track record of professionalism can’t be questioned,” she added.

Kris also said that her decision is a way of putting herself first, saying she has “earned” the right to say no.

“I’m doing what is best for me,” she said. “Simpleng alaga lang sana sa isang project w/ a pressure packed timeline… It just didn’t fall into place. And I know enough to prioritize taking care of me… That’s why I choose to walk away. And put myself first, not because I want to be difficult, but simply because I’ve earned the privilege to say NO w/ courage & dignity.”

Last week, Kris announced the changes made in the film: the inclusion of Kim Chiu and Xian Lim and its title change from “Mr. & Mrs. Split” to “All You Need is Pag-ibig.”

In another post, Kris apologized to Star Cinema chairperson Malou Santos, director Antoinette Jadaone and writer Kriz Gazmen.

“I’m sorry for the stress I put you through, the many wasted hours working on the project, and all the effort you exerted,” she said. “I was wrong to commit to something that in all honesty, I am emotionally, physically & mentally not ready for… #hiyanghiya #IAmSorry”

On the comments section of this post, Kris answered some of her followers’ questions.

Kris also clarified that she did not back out of the film because she’s threatened by the film entry “Pabebe Love” which stars Vic Sotto, Ai Ai delas Alas, and the “Kalyeserye” love team Alden Richards and Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza.

Kris added she has already settled the issue with her bosses in private, and that she has already apologized to them for her Instagram rant.

Share

2015 MMFF Official Entries Bared!

The MMFF 2015 official entries are:

1) “Beauty and the Bestie” starring Vice Ganda and Coco Martin

2) “Death and Senses” starring Rayver Cruz and Jason Gainza

3) “Haunted Mansion” starring Mario Mortel and Jerome Ponce

4) “Hermano Pule” to be directed by Gil Portes

5) “Mr. and Mrs. Split” starring Kris Aquino and Herbert Bautista

6) “Nilalang” starring Robin Padilla and Maria Ozawa

7) “Rom-comin Mo Ako” starring Vic Sotto and Ai Ai delas Alas

8) “Walang Forever” starring JM de Guzman and Jennylyn Mercado

Reserve movies:

9) “Conman”

10) “Lakambini”

 

Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...